The Roopkund trek is a moderately challenging one, largely because of the altitude of the lake, but also because of the scree and moraine surrounding it. It is a thrilling adventure that takes you from the green meadows of Chamoli district and into the misty upper reaches of the Garhwal Himalayas.
The other-wordly feel at the lake is only amplified by the human remains that have mystified historians for decades. You'll also visit the village of Wan, where locals still wear a Garhwali blanket pinned to their chests for warmth. This route takes you to the Jurangali ridge above the lake, to get views of the spectacular peaks around.
IMPORTANT: This is not a fixed departure trip, so a minimum group size of 6 pax is required to make a booking. This will be a private trip, just for your group.
- Road transportation from Rishikesh to Rishikesh by car
- Hotel accomodation in Lohjung
- Accommodation in tents on twin share basis during trekking
- All meals as specified
- All camping gear including tents and sleeping mattress, kitchen, dining and toilet tent
- Permits and entrance fees
- English speaking guide, cooks and porters, mules
- Accommodation in Rishikesh
- Personal insurance
- All alcoholic beverages and personal expenses
- Good down sleeping bags can be provided at an additional cost of Rs.100 per day
- Non veg food can be arranged at an additional cost if informed in advance