If you're looking for an adventurous trek that takes you to a unique place, but don't have a lot of time to spare, the Malana-Chanderkhani trek is perfect for you. It takes you high up to a pass at about 12,000 feet, into the big peaks of the Himalayas. The route to the pass lies along the top of a ridge, and the trek also involves negotiating some tricky descents, crossing a gorge, and walking beside the gushing Beas river.
The highlight for culture buffs is a visit to Malana village, where you cannot touch the locals. You'll get to see a lifestyle and a belief system that is different from anything you've seen before.
The trek begins with Chanderkhani Pass, and moves on to Malana, giving you just enough time to enjoy both.
- 2 guides for the group
- Accomodation in tents on twin sharing
- Clean and fresh sleeping bags, camping mattresses, toilet tents while camping
- All meals as specified
- Forest entry charges, permits and camping fees
- First-aid kit
- Transport to and from start/end point as per the itinerary
- Porter/mule charges for carrying camping equipment and rations
- Service tax
- Any costs or services not mentioned in inclusions
- Any charges for video cameras or still cameras
- Charges for alcohol or soft drinks or beverages
- Personal expenses like tips or laundry or telephone calls
- Any costs arising from unforeseen circumstances like landslides, bad weather or road blocks, etc.
- Personal porter/mule for personal luggage (can be availed at an additional cost of Rs.1800)