This moderately challenging 4 night, 5 day adventure in the Dhauladhar Himalayas takes you into the lesser frequented slopes of the Himalayas. Your trek route takes you through forests, along rivers, and up to the snow point, where you'll get to explore the landscape and play in the snow. The views of the black mountains topped with pristine white snow will stay with you forever.
You'll start with a day of adventure activities like wall climbing, commando net, flying fox and rappelling to get those muscles warmed up and to acclimatise to the weather. After that, you begin your trek into the Handi forest. During the snow season, this forest is like a winter wonderland, with a gurgling river that orginates from the glaciers in the upper reaches of the Himalayas, and trees with branches weighed down by snow. You'll trek through untouched terrain during the day, end with soup and a merry campfire every evening, and sleep in tents in the forests at night.
IMPORTANT: This package includes the rental of a 35-litre rucksack if you need it. You can safely leave your suitcase/luggage in the cloakroom at the first campsite in Salli while you go camping.
- Accommodation in tents for 4 nights on twin-sharing basis
- Sleeping bags, carry mats
- One rucksack of 35 ltrs per person (optional)
- Transfer from Pathankot Railway Station to campsite and back in non-A/C private taxis
- Boiled drinking water
- All meals from lunch on Day 1 to breakfast on Day 5
- Hot soup in the evenings
- Bonfires at higher camps
- Services of local guides, camp leaders and staff
- One complimentary session each on the following adventure activities: Burma Bridge, Commando Net, Mowgli Walk, and Flying Fox
- All camping and forest fees
- Any transport apart from Pathankot railway station transfers on Day 1 and on Day 5
- Any additional snacks, meals, beverages
- Bonfire at base camp (not possible here)
- Medical or travel insurance
- Any personal expenses like tips, phone calls, laundry, etc
- Unforeseen expenses due to changes in schedule due to weather disturbances, political unrest, etc
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions