This day trip is perfect for those looking for a quick look at Malana. If you’re curious about this legendary village, where the locals run their own democracy, speak a language known only to themselves (and believed to be the devil’s language), and fiercely guard their culture against outsiders, this trek gives you a glimpse into their lives.
The trail takes you through the beautiful village, where you might be able to meet the locals, and if you’re lucky, you’ll hear the stories about how they descended from Alexander the Great.
The Malana people believe anyone not from the village are untouchable, and have to undergo extensive purification rituals. It is strongly advised that you do not touch any person, home or structure here without permission.
IMPORTANT: To book this trip, you need a minimum of 4 persons.
- Transport required in the trek
- Packed lunch
- Cold drinks, mineral water, dry snacks etc.
- Any meals/services not mentioned
- Personal porters for carrying trekker’s day backpacks
- Personal insurance
- Costs of emergency evacuations
- Food/beverages on the journey to and from the start point